Creative Care Package Ideas For Loved Ones In Independent Living Communities
Updated: Apr 5
Care packages are a thoughtful way to remind your loved ones that you're thinking of them. These types of simple surprise gift boxes or baskets are sure to brighten their day and bring a smile to their face. If you've been considering putting together a care package for your senior loved one living in an independent living community, like ours here at Arbors of Russellville, we thought we would give you a few ideas to inspire you!
Here are 18 ideas you could include in your senior care package.
1. Activity books like crosswords, sudoku puzzles, or word searches are always a hit!
2. Cross-stitch patterns and sets. Is this a favorite pastime of theirs?
3. Puzzles Florals, Landscapes, and Cityscapes. Even better if you could find one from their hometown.
4. Card games. Do they have a favorite?
5. Netflix or Amazon subscription gift cards Are they a movie buff? How about their favorite network streaming service?
7. Gift cards to their favorite local eatery
8. Specialty tea or coffee
9. Fruit basket
10. Their favorite lotions or hand creams
11. Foot scrubs and warm cozy socks
12. A cozy bathrobe
13. A warm blanket or throw
14. Comfy and cozy slippers
15. Decorative plant or flowers
16. A framed photo of their loved ones
17. Stationery set with a book of stamps
18. Handwritten cards
Did we miss anything? If anything, we hope this helps spark some inspiration for your care package for your loved one. No matter what lands in your gift basket, we know it'll sure make them feel special just seeing your kindness by letting them know you're thinking of them.
Would you like to learn more about Arbors of Russellville Independent Living Community? Give us a call today to book a tour at (479) 219-3902. We look forward to hearing from you soon!